After surpassing the challenges I previously mentioned, I started to look at populating both the viewer listbox and the events listbox. After taking a quick look at the non-existent documentation that is provided, it looked like dealing with the viewer listbox was going to be the easiest of the two to populate.
Since my last update a couple of days ago, where I learnt and overcame thread safe calls, I started to feel like I had progressed with the bot slightly. Now I am able to receive chat from Twitch, I thought it should be nice and simple to add our own chat to the screen and Twitch… Well I was kind of right.
This morning I decided that I had done enough research into TwitchLib and that it was time to have something visibly there in the project rather then a blank screen. Finally I had opened Visual Studio and started a new Windows Forms Project and after 10 minutes or so I have a (very rough) design cobbled together that can be seen below.
This week I decided it was finally time to delve into the world of C# properly, I have previously dabbled in the language but never worked on it solidly for a prolonged period of time so that I would be able to learn the system properly.
One project that I have worked on before which would help ease the transition is working on a Twitch Bot. My most recent PHP project on stream was a bot so the general logic is going to be a breeze. After all, Twitch is just an IRC protocol which is easy enough to work with and manipulate. Despite the ease, I had found a library called TwitchLib which has been made by a decent team of C# developers.
Whilst I won’t be able to stream the development of the bot due to the system limitations, I am going to use this blog to show the progress of the development as well as any challenges that I come across in the development, especially as I haven’t found any real tutorials or resources that could help.