Since the hassle that was working with the follower event handler, I decided to move onto the raid and host event triggers despite leaving issues in the follower event. After the challenges I had just faced, I thought I had enough in the bank to be able to easily handle the upcoming code challenge. after about 15 minutes of reading and typing, I ended up with the following which compiled fine, the issue was it did not want to trigger.
private void OnRaidNotification(object sender, OnRaidNotificationArgs e)
form.WriteChat(e.RaidNotificaiton.DisplayName + ” raided!!!!!!!!”);
private void OnBeingHosted(object sender, OnBeingHostedArgs e)
form.WriteChat(e.BeingHostedNotification.Channel + ” hosted with ” + e.BeingHostedNotification.Viewers + ” viewers”);
form.AddEvent(e.BeingHostedNotification.Channel + ” hosted (” + e.BeingHostedNotification.Viewers + “)”);
form.AddEvent(e.BeingHostedNotification.HostedByChannel + ” hosted (” + e.BeingHostedNotification.Viewers + “)”);
After testing a few times to see if something is wrong (as you can see with the e.BeingHostedNotification.Channel AND e.BeingHostedNotification.HostedByChannel) to see which would work, it was time to throw in breakpoints. At least this way I would be able to tell if the issue lay with my code of with TwitchLib/Twitch… Recompiled the bot, dropped the host and… The breakpoint never triggered, I even waited a couple of minutes in case it was delayed, it was not. So there is a very likely chance that the issue lies with TwitchLib as neither trigger was fired, I decided to pop a message into the TwitchLib discord but after waiting two days, I still have no response other then “it should work”.
Last night was the first advent stream so I thought I would build the bot and give it a live test and all in all it performed as well as I had expected it to. Certain methods weren’t working, others did and it highlighted a few niggles and bugs that need to be worked on which after the stream caused me to get organised. I ended up creating a feature and bug/niggle tracker, yes I could have used Trello and/or GitHub but I felt like running it this way for now and you can see the results here:
Tomorrow I am on my first day back to work after my holiday so development and posts will slow down but it has been a good bit of progress so far!